“Thank you for the training course. It was very practical and informative.” ABSA
“This was one of the best training’s that I have attended. The trainer was outstanding.” Anglo American
“A very well organised conference. The speakers shared too much valuable information which I can now start implementing in my work place. Thank you Provision Research!” DHL
Why you cannot miss this course?
The commencement date for the Act was singed into law on 1 July 2020 by President Cyril Ramaphosa. A one-year period will apply after the commencement date which is 30 June 2021.
Non-compliance after this period could result in hefty fines or even prison time. So it’s important for organisations to know how to comply with the POPI Act.
So, has your business appointed an Information Officer? Have they started working on the following:
- An Awareness Process for staff members;
- A Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) Manual Update;
- Internal Systems to Process Requests;
- Measures and Standards; and
- A Compliance Framework?
By the end of this online course, delegates will be competent in:
- The impact of the POPI Act on the Human Resources department
- The obligations of responsible parties
- The role and responsibilities of Information Officers
- Managing service providers, contractors and 3rd parties
- How to perform assessments of compliance with the POPI Act
- GRC failures predicted for 2020
- Unpacking Sec.19 & the “Rule of Reasonability”
- Risk assessments components & the “Russian Roulette Rule”
- Sarbanes Oxley Standards
- Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP)
- Generally Accepted Information Security Principles (GAISP)
- KING IV Code of Governance
- Data Privacy and Information Security Policy
- The most up to date learning principles and methods are used.
- The role of the facilitator is to ensure that participants integrate facts,concepts, principles, techniques, strategies, actions, responses and all other elements into effective job performance.
- You will receive comprehensive electronic documentation under the POPI Act with exercises that need to be completed which will be assessed by the facilitator.
- Certificate will be issued once you have completed and submitted the assessments / exercises back the facilitator.
- Only 1 certificate will be issued per learner.
Anyone tasked (or involved) with complying with POPI within their company. Legal advisors (corporate lawyers or in-house lawyers) – to provide good legal advice on privacy issues.
- CIOs and IT Managers – to manage ICT.
- IT Operators – to ensure that ICT operates within the bounds of POPI.
- IT and Data Security officers – to secure ICT and personal information
- IT Governance officers and specialists – to govern ICT.
- Information officers – to balance access to and protection of information. To stay out of jail.
- Marketing Managers – to market in accordance with the law.
- Compliance officers – to effectively comply with privacy laws.
- Auditors and assurance providers (internal and external) – to audit and provide assurance regards privacy.
- Risk Officers and Managers – to manage privacy risks.
- HR and Payroll Managers – to ensure that the personal information of employees is protected.
This course is Aligned to the Unit Standard 243225 NQF Level 4, Credits 2. Upon completion and assessments attendees will receive 2 credits towards their qualification in Management studies.